June 30, 2011


What do I say? I am feeling so many emotions right now. I just finished my last day as an English teacher at Yongsan Middle School. It hardly feels real.  


What do I feel? Success. Pride in accomplishment. Gratitude. Empowered to take on new challenges. Relief.

This was the most challenging task I've taken upon myself in my [short] 24 years... so far. I'm proud of my accomplishment, however, I mostly feel gratitude. Gratitude for the help and support along the way from my family, co-workers, friends... ahem, Nick! I would not have survived without it! Thank you. 


I've learned incredible things in the process. Lessons I'll benefit from throughout my entire life- mostly about myself, but also about a new culture, educational system, a changed perspective on life, and adolescent boys, boys, boys!

Koreans do know how to send a girl off with a bang-- Surprise cake parties in the music room. Gifts. An honorary goodbye dinner at a fancy restaurant. More gifts. Thoughtful cards-- I was truly honored. There is no doubt in my mind God sent me to these people and this school for a reason. I'll never forget it.